Mrs. Kellie Omer
Grades 7-8 School Counselor
Phone: 724-656-4700 Ext. 2304
The Junior High School counselor follows their students from grade 7 to 8 to ensure continuity and rapport in transition services. School counseling services are designed to assist students and include: counseling services, mental health awareness, career awareness activities, resource coordination, parent conferencing, information services, student appraisal/records services, and standardized testing services.
Please contact Mrs. Omer if:
- You feel your child may be having difficulty with a school or personal issue.
- You have questions/concerns about your child’s academic performance.
- You need assistance finding an outside agency for issues that may arise.
- You have questions about new student orientation and registration.
School Counseling Secretary
Mrs. Rhonda Gabriel
Phone: 724-656-4700 Ext. 2305
Please contact Mrs. Gabriel if:
- You feel your child needs referred for testing.
- You need to schedule a parent-teacher conference.
- You need to collect homework for your child (after a 3 day absence).
The New Castle Area School District provides school counselors at all levels. The counselors at New Castle Area School District provide services to address the academic, social, and emotional needs of students and their families. In addition, the counselors strive to assist each student in adjusting to his/her environment and to aid in solving problems.
The school counselors facilitate responsive services for students. These services may include, but are not limited to: short term individual and small group counseling for students; participation in the Student Assistance Program (CORE team) meetings; and collaboration with and referrals to local area child service and/or mental health agencies.
Part of the goal of the school counseling department is to compliment classroom learning. This is accomplished, in part, by effectively communicating and meeting with teachers on a continual basis. Counselors may also attend core team parent conferences and IEP meetings.
The school counselors are available to students in the guidance office every day during school hours. They are also available to parents for scheduled appointments, before, during, and after school.